What is Rooibos Tea ?
Rooibos is a popular herbal tea which originated in South Africa. It is a herb which when harvested and dried can be brewed into a ‘Reddish brown’ coloured tea.
Rooibos tea is gaining popularity worldwide as a healthy and tasty tea.
Evolution of Rooibos Tea
Rooibos tea has evolved over a period of time- Till 1990’s rooibos was only available in its original form i.e Reddish brown. However in the late 1990’s ‘Green Rooibos was created which is a less oxidised version of its red contemporary, and in the early 2000’s powdered rooibos was developed.
How to brew Rooibos Tea
- Take fresh pure water.
- Take good quality loose rooibos tea leafs.
- Steep the rooibos tea with boiled water in temperature ranging from 200-212 degrees.
- Steep it for around 2-3 minutes.
- Enjoy your cup of Rooibos Tea.
Health Benefits of Rooibos Tea
- Rooibos tea is free from caffeine.
- It has antioxidant properties.
- Reduces risk of cancer.
- Improves digestion.
- Improves blood pressure and circulation.
- Aids in weight loss.