Oolong tea is a traditional tea which is produced through a process which includes withering under sun and oxidation before curling. The partial oxidation is responsible for Oolong Tea’s color and characteristic taste. It is preferred by many people as it provides benefits of both green tea and black tea.
Oolong tea is made from the leaves of Camellia Sinesis plant.
Some of the Benefits of Oolong Tea
- Helps to prevent diabetes – The polyphenol antioxidants found in tea are thought to help reduce blood sugar and insulin levels.
- Helps to improve heart health- Oolong tea has antioxidants, regular consumption of which improves heart health.
- Helps to loose weight- Oolong tea improves metabolism which as a result helps in loosing weight.
- Helps improves brain function- According to a study, Oolong tea helps increase brain function.
- Helps to prevent cancer- Antioxidants present in Oolong tea helps to prevent cell mutation which leads to cancer.
- Helps increase tooth and bone strength.