Assam and Tea are so much related that there might not be a single person who is tea lover and not heard about Assam Tea. Assam Tea is famous all over the world for its high quality and authentic taste.
Assam is the largest tea producing state of India. Half of the total tea production of India is of Assam.
Assam’s relation with tea started long back when the British East India Company saw huge potential of the region for Tea cultivation.
- Almost 1/5 of people in Assam are employed on tea fields. This is a huge number of population living only on tea production.
- Assam is the second most important tea producer in the world, after China. Assam exports a lot of its tea to countries such as Russia, United States, Australia, Iran, and many many others.
- Assam is the land of indegenious tea bush Camellia sinensis var. Assamica.
- Assam’s climate is perfect for tea production, and more than 304 thousand hectars of land are covered by tea bushes.
- Assam produces more than 500 million kilograms of tea per year, and only 10% is consumed inside.
- Assam tea is the main ingredient of many morning tea blends.
- Assam is the largest tea producing state of India.
We at Namhah are dedicated to provide our customers with pure Assam tea and make the moment of drinking tea an fulfilling experience.