The word ‘Turmeric‘ is known to us from ancient times, it was used by all our grandmothers for skin care, heart disease preventions, cancer and many more. So grandmothers taught us to have turmeric milk and enjoy its frequential benefits.
But as time passed, people started having turmeric tea understanding its health benefits. Studies found out that ‘curcumin‘, a compound found in turmeric , contains:
- Powerful antioxidants that soothes stomach
- Relieves from aching joints
- Helps in fighting a variety of diseases like the diabetes, cancer, irritating bowel syndrome as well as arthritis
- Acts as a natural pain killer
- Removes depression
- Heals wounds
- Aids in weight loss
- Reduces inflammation
Turmeric is such a tasty item that adding it to any dish whether its a vegetarian or a non-vegetarian item, makes the item soothing it to the taste buds, the versatile ingredient, and there are many delicious ways to add it your diet.
Now lets take a look into the making of the turmeric tea.
For this the ingredients required are:-
- 2 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cloves crushed
- 1 teaspoon cardamom seeds
- Dried turmeric powder
- Milk as per your preferences
- Honey is tasting
- Add the required water in a saucepan
- Let it boil for some minutes
- Then add some turmeric powder , milk(optional) cinnamon, cardamom seeds, cloves in the saucepan into the required cups
- Allow it to cool
- Then blend it with honey
- And serve hot.