1. Origin– This is foremost essential to judge a good quality matcha. So in this case, Japan is widely identified for the discovery of matcha because they have strict farming regulations. Soils in Japan are tested on frequently to remove heavy metals and other pollutants which affects the quality of matcha. Well–known places for growing Matcha includes matcha Nara, Shizuoka, Uji, Kagoshima, Mie, Nishio, and Saitama.
2. Purity- Organic matcha is loaded with lots of minerals, amino-acids and vitamins, amino acids has an immense number of health benefits. Low-quality matcha means surmounted with harmful chemicals such as pesticides and fertilizers. So make sure that the matcha you buy has organic benefits.
The original matcha pouches lists packaged. The matcha tea with added sweeteners degrade the quality of matcha, which is why it is best to avoid such.
3. Solubility-Low quality matcha needs to be whisked in a bowl to get rid of clumps before you cosume.
4. Texture- Matcha powder particles should be around 5 microns in size. Compare that strand to human hair, which has a thickness of about 75 microns and you can understand how to find.
5. Color- Organic matcha green tea powder are bright green because of increased chlorophyll during shade-growing stage of matcha’s indicates fresh stored perfectly during transportation.
6. Taste-.One thing to note, is that, incorrectly prepared matcha tea leads to unflavored taste, even if you use. But if after following certain procedures, the result tastes bitter, it means that the matcha is of a low-quality.
7. Packaging- Matcha should be packaged in a standardized type from light, air, as well as extreme temperatures. If the seal is torned, one should avoid purchasing packet.