Many varieties of tea like the oolong tea , green tea, white tea , black teas’ are gaining popularity in almost every nook and corner of the world. Lets take a look with details into the oolong tea. Known worldwide as weight loss tea, heart health and also a wide range of health issues and yet it only accounts for 2 percent of overall tea consumption worldwide.
This are the spotlight on oolong tea: its origins, how it’s produced and potential effects it can have on health. Brew yourself a delicious cup of this tea and relish every sip.
Some prefer stating that oolong are black tea, while some modify the previous statement by saying that both the oolong and the green teas’ are the same.
Oolong teas are made from the buds and stems of the Camellia Sinensis plant,
The flavor depends on the oxidation level of oolong, which varies from 8 to 80 percent. Less oxidized oolongs give a fresh green tea flavor, while more oxidized varieties pour out a malty black tea flavor.
The Long term health benefits of Oolong Tea states as follows:
- Loaded with antioxidants– Antioxidant known as polyphenols, which includes thearubigins ,aflavins, thearubigins and Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG). Positive effects can be seen after gulping oolong tea . These beneficial compounds account for oolong tea’s positive effects. Another beneficial component in it is theanine, an amino acid with relaxing properties. The caffeine in oolong tea is also responsible for some of its benefits.
- Keeps in proper shape– Certain enzymes are activated while drinking oolong tea. These enzymes controls fat metabolism in the body
- Eliminates free radicals– Polyphenols removes excess free radicals from the body, which plays a role in various diseases like cancer, rheumatoid arthritis , stroke, diabetes.
- Steady brain function– There has been 65 percent improvement of brain function for those who drank oolong tea regularly .
- Because the caffeine releases the brain messenger hormones dopamine as well as norepinephrine which improves attention, removes anxiety, enhances mood as well as restores a proper brain function.
- Keeps bones strong: Bone density increases by 3 percent if we drink oolong tea regularly. The risk of fractures gets reduced when a cup of oolong tea gets gulped everyday
- Maintains good heart health– This is believed to be brought on by the antioxidants in the tea.