If you have any leftovers, store in a tight container and place in your cupboard or even refrigerator. After all, iced tea makes the perfect thirst quencher or a great party beverage.
1. Follow the package instructions– Always follow the instructions on the packaging to prevent overconcentration in your cup. Place loose leaves in the teapot which has strainer in the middle.
2. Store the tea in a tightly closed container or just brew as needed– If you have any leftovers, store in a tight container and place it in the cupboard or even refrigerator. After all, iced tea makes the perfect thirst quencher.
3. Sweeten if you desire – By adding honey.
4. Purchase high–quality full leaf tea from a reputable tea company–This is the first step in ensuring if the tea is pure ,organic and not processed with unhealthy additives.
5. Follow the prescribed steeping times– Steep for a few minutes. Here are some of the average steep times for the most popular teas.
- White tea: 1 tsp/cup; temp. 80-85°C (175-185°F) steeping time is 7-9 minutes.
- Black tea: 0.5 teaspoon per cup; water temperature 96°C (205°F); steeping time is 3 minutes.
- Oolong tea: 0.5 tsp/cup; temp. 90°C (195°F); steeping time is 3-6 minutes.
- Green tea: 1 tsp/cup; temp. 65-80°C (150-175°F); steeping time is 3-4 minutes.