For those youngsters highly concerned about their weight , Blue tea is the perfect solution for them if sipped daily. Also known as the butterfly pea tea, because the tea gets prepared from the butterfly pea-flower. Also adding lime juice to the blue tea creates a violet hue. Lets see how to prepare the Blue Iced tea to quench your thirst during summers.
But first of all,the ingredients needed are:
- 2 ounces water
- Seperately again take 5 ounces water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 ½ tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon jasmine pearl green tea
- 6 large ice cubes
- 1 teaspoon dried butterfly pea flowers
- Bring 2 ounces water to a boil. Remove from heat, add 1 teaspoon dried butterfly pea flowers, and infuse for a minimum of 5 minutes. Strain the flowers and remove; then stir in 1 tablespoon honey.
- Pour into a cocktail shaker, add 3 large ice cubes, and jerk for 60 seconds. Strain into a big glass. Keep rinsing the cocktail shaker.
- Heat 5 ounces water upto 180 degrees. Add 1 tablespoon jasmine pearl green tea to the water and infuse for at least 3 minutes.
- Add the blue tea, 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice, and 3 large ice cubes into the cocktail shaker and keep shaking for 60 seconds. Top the butterfly pea tea with ice. Pour in the lime-jasmine tea and keep stirring.
Why not lets take a look at the health benefits it provides:
- Anti–Diabetic Properties: Completely suited for patients suffering from diabetes because it keeps the blood sugar levels under control.
- Anti-Microbial Properties: Drinking blue tea makes us immune against several illnesses like pimples , pneumonia, meningitis and even toxic shock syndromes.
- Improves Eyesight: Blue tea increases the blood flow to the capillaries of the eyes which is useful in the treatment of retinal damage ,glaucoma, sleepy eyes as well as blurred vision.
- . Useful For Detoxification: The body and its internal organs need to be cleansed, and this is why it is important to have a cup of butterfly pea flower tea every day. It cleanses the kidneys, liver, the kidneys, stomach as well as the intestines.
- Anti– Inflammatory Properties: The butterfly pea contains flavonoids. The flavonoids are those powerful antioxidants which have anti-inflammatory properties as well as immune system-boosting benefits.
- Anti–Cancer and Anti–Tumour Properties: Sipping a cup of blue tea every morning cures the cancer cells , thereby prevents cancer and growth of tumours. Nowadays , it has been traced that the college students who have their work day long in the sun prefer to come home and have the chilled Blue tea.