Drinking tea is one of the ancient home remedies for curing sore throat. Below are some of the popular teas’ for curing sore throat. So let us check down the list below:
- Green Tea: Popularly known for the ample health benefits , Green tea is packed with healthy antioxidants, green tea builds up immunity and removes cold faster. One of these antioxidants is known as EGCG or Epigallocatechin Gallate as sometimes called. Studies found that green tea helped soothe sore throat pain associated with tracheal intubation. When green tea was used as a gargle, it showed significant effects 24 hours after intubation.
- Chamomile Tea: Chamomile tea ,one of the longest researched Chinese home remedies. It consists of antibacterial properties that fights off bacterial infections has a calming effect and lowers pain. Chamomile tea has anti-inflammatory capabilities, which soothes sore throat pain and redness. It’s naturally caffeine-free so you can drink it all day long. The tea’s healing properties help you sleep better so the perfect nighttime tea when you’re suffering from insomnia.
- Turmeric Tea: The turmeric root comes from the same family of plants as ginger tea. Turmeric tea also offers similar health benefits as ginger tea when it comes to fighting cold symptoms. The tea is usually made using the whole or ground root of the turmeric plant. It is purely yellow in color and can stain, so be careful when preparing this healthy sore throat tea. Studies show that turmeric consists of antibacterial and antiviral properties which treats sore throat.
- Ginger Tea: Ginger is one of the ancient herbs used in traditional medicine. Ginger tea contains antibacterial and anti-inflammatory compounds known as Gingerol and Shogaol . These compounds removes infections by targeting the bacteria and viruses that causes sickness. Studies reveal that drinking ginger tea heals you by eliminating the harmful pathogens that cause sore throat symptoms.
- Black Tea: Similarly like the green tea, the black tea also consists of tannins and antioxidants which boost up immune health and help body fight against infections faster. Essentially, the tea works by developing the body’s natural defenses, reducing cold symptoms like the sore throat faster. Therefore, if any of these teas are drank regularly while suffering from sore throat, then the effect will surely be somewhat cherishing.